In this Episode of “Advance in Vietnam” Podcast Series, Vlad Savin is discussing with Matthew Lourey, Managing Partner at Domicile Corporate Services about how companies in Vietnam can maintain compliance and ensure their business continuity plan is sustainable. How can businesses put in place a clear corporate governance framework, covering all levels of compliance and operational strategy? And, how can they integrate these with an efficient risk management approach and a clear employee engagement and protection policy, to overcome the difficulties they are facing and maintain their ability to operate?
Advance in Vietnam Podcast, Episode 3: How businesses cope with Covid-19 in Vietnam, looking at Managing Compliance & Risk.
Some of the topics in discussion are:
- How can businesses adopt an efficient risk management approach on all levels of compliance, to mitigate any potential complications?
- How should companies prepare their compliance calendar and why is it important?
- What are the labour implications of the current crisis and how should companies undertake labour compliance?
- How is the situation with work-permits and visas for foreign staff, what are the implications here and what should companies do?
- Are companies allowed to unilaterally terminate employees, if they are facing critical operational difficulties? And how does insurance work in case employees get sick?
- How does the government support businesses active in Vietnam, and what are the incentives and potential tax breaks/deferments?
Listen to the Podcast on:
About the authors:
Matthew Lourey – Managing Director of Domicile Corporate Services
Matthew is a qualified accountant who has resided in Vietnam for more than 13 years. Matthew leads Domicile Corporate Services, which provides market entry, corporate advisory, compliance and tax advisory to foreign investors in Vietnam. He has extensive experience working in Australia for Big 4 accounting firms and investment funds, and since Matthew relocated to Vietnam, he has spent much of his time advising foreign investors on successfully undertaking business in Vietnam, corporate investment transactions, market entry and corporate finance.
Vlad Savin – Head of Business Development at Domicile Corporate Services
Vlad is a business development and marketing professional, who has resided in South East Asia for the last 5 years. He has wide experience in personal finance and corporate servicing, working with investment firms in Malaysia and Vietnam, while having a strong background in marketing, client service and events with international exposure. Vlad has been developing Domicile’s business strategy and growth, organizing and creating seminars and workshops for the foreign and local investor community in Vietnam, while assisting with client relationships and the overall brand positioning of the firm.